SCOM 2012 installs in evaluation mode as there is no way to enter the license key during install. You have to add the license key using powershell as described below when the installation has finished:
1. Start Operations Management Shell as Administrator
2. Run the following powershell cmdlet:
Set-ScomLicense -ProductId <your productkey>
3. Verify that the new licensekey has been set:
Get-SCOMManagementGroup | ft skuforlicense, version, timeofexpiration –a
After an upgrade of the RMS from SCOM 2007 R2 RTM to SCOM 2007 R2 CU5 EventID 29106 started to appear in the OperationsManager EventLog every 5-15 minutes. The solution was to flush the HealtService.
1. Stop the System Center Management Service.
2. Rename the folder “Health Service State” in C:Program FilesSystem Center Operations Manager 2007.
3. Start the System Center Management Service.
Windows 8 Consumer Preview is now available for download, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-8
Why not start with a simple hello world 😉